Search News and Information

Custom Search

October 13, 2007

Supersonics Pre-Season Radio, 2007

SEATTLE - Last year we had the opportunity to hear a radio broadcast that was produced for radio listeners, it was not simulcast television. The people on tv sometimes forgot that we could not see what they could see. For some unknown reason David Locke was less capable of describing where the players were in relation to the basket, and one another, than the guys that completely forgot there was a radio broadcast.


Well, those days are over. On the first broadcast of the first game Matt Pinto, the new Sonics RADIO broadcaster, told the listening audience before tipoff which direction the team would be going in relation to him. Pinto said what end the Sonics would defend for that half, and which direction the would be running on offense. The game had not even started and I had a better picture in my head of where the players were than I had all last year.
Pinto then described the action. Some of his euphemisms were a little corny, a bit cleche, and completely understood. I know that when I turn on the radio I'll know what is happening, and not who is happening. Isn't that the point? I don't know David Locke as a person, I know even less about Matt Pinto, but that's not why I'm tune in, is it.


Matt Pinto is every bit as good at radio play-by-play broadcast as David Locke was bad.
Welcome Matt Pinto!


Supersonics Preseason Radio story, 2006

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: