Search News and Information

Custom Search

October 13, 2006

Supersonics Pre-Season Radio

Dear David Locke,
Please tell me where the players are on the floor. You do a fine job of telling what they are doing, and the activity. "Watson comes off a pick from Collison", great, where the heck are they? Left side, right side, high screen, 10 feet from the rim, 20 feet out. Stop pimping prerecorded items while the ball is in play and broadcast the game.

The point is that I can't see the game so the Sonics have decided to broadcast these games on the radio and you have been tasked with DESCRIBING the action. The describing has to happen on every play. It's a key component of the event in relationship to that medium.

Maybe you are busy with the features, and they take some getting used to doing and hearing. I think the broadcast is over produced in the use of these features and under produced on the actual game call.
I know that I have been spoiled with Bob Blackburn and Kevin Calabro calling games and I expect that you will grow into this.

It is preseason for everyone, including you.

No comments: