Search News and Information

Custom Search

June 10, 2008

Next Defense for Clayton Bennett: Evil Twin?

While reading the variety of truthy accounts of Clayton Bennett's deposition, I was doodling, thinking, what will be the next defense for him. Then it came to me: Evil Twin.
Bennett: "I'm having a conversation that is raising the notion of Oklahoma City as a potential relocation option, notwithstanding my ongoing commitment to efforts in Seattle." - Clayton Bennett, as reported by Jim Brunner of the Seattle Times.

That appears to be the best defense for somebody, or two bodies, to work best efforts in two different states, that is, to be of two states of mind. What better way to show two different states of mind than to claim (as in many soap operas) that there is an evil twin. The real Clayton was the guy in Olympia, Renton, near Seattle, in fron of the NBA Board of Governors, emailing David Stern, signing purchase agreements with Howard Schultz that claimed that his goup would provide a long-term ownership presence in the Seattle area as a condition of sale.
It was an evil twin he could call something that sounds like Clayton, has a cheesy mustache, and is actively working against the good faith best efforts of the real Clayton Bennett.
Lawrence followed up: "Did you write back to Mr. Ward and say, 'Oh, Tom, you've got it wrong, I'm not -- I'm not saying anything about wanting to get the team to Oklahoma City, I'm talking about my commitment to keep the team in Seattle'?", as reported by Jim Brunner of the Seattle Times.

At this point the evil twin wrestles the computer away from Clayton. . .
Bennett: "No, I did not. I just dropped off. I knew where Tom and Aubrey were relative to their interests and I knew where I was and that was the statement I made, so I dropped off. And also I think I was responding to other e-mails at the time.", as reported by Jim Brunner of the Seattle Times.

That is a puzzle, how could Clayton get out of this one?
Bennett: "No, I did not. I just dropped off. I knew where Tom and Aubrey were relative to their interests and I knew where I was and that was the statement I made, so I dropped off. And also I think I was responding to other e-mails at the time.", as reported by Jim Brunner of the Seattle Times.

No Clay, no! Go for evil twin, just yell out EVIL TWIN, squirt out some crocodile tears and reallly feel the boo hoo words you used to mock the fealings of your employees.
"So, just so it's clear, four days after you were a man possessed to keep the team in Seattle, you were asking discussions with the NBA about the option of relocating the Sonics to Oklahoma City. Is that fair?" Lawrence asked.

Bennett: "I'm having a conversation that is raising the notion of Oklahoma City as a potential relocation option, notwithstanding my ongoing commitment to efforts in Seattle.", as reported by Jim Brunner of the Seattle Times.

NO, NO, NO!!! EVIL TWIN, not "I'm having", but "The EVIL TWIN is having".
Forget it, never mind. The judge would likely see right through the Evil Twin defense.

Love the team. The owner, not so much.
I would be happy to have the team here for two more years, as long as the owner doesn't plan to put on a uniform and play. I can differentiate.

Originally posted at SonicsCentral.com (story#1939, 2008-06-07 1:17:56 pm), user comments caused it to be removed from view.

No comments: