Search News and Information

Custom Search

January 30, 2008

SonicsCentral: Seattle Supersonics 24/7! » Blog Archive » 1/9/08

For the record, I have played hundreds and hundreds of games, from Boys Club up through high school. My school was not large enough to have a team, though we played a pickup game everyday after school, students vs gym teachers and teachers, we only had an annual tourniment ("organized") against similar schools every year.
I went to college on an academic scholarship.
Do not let some scrub of life distract you from being civil, or from your opinion. We all see different things, I see where others try, progress, and have enough future left to make effort payoff. Johan Petro is trying, he just turned 22 years-old. Let us not cast his future lot in life so soon, or so quickly, that we ignore any signs of progress. I took a lot of trash from some bitter ex-player on 1/9/08 for saying that Petro is showing something, and that he is pretty young. I am glad to see Petro showing more signs to more people lately.
Not every draft pick is going to be a starter with a variety of go-to moves. That does not mean they can not learn skills that could make them useful to the team. I was not a 7 foot tall 19 year-old, and three coaches in three years did not give me mixed messages, and conflicting instructions.
Good luck Johan, like Larry Bird told Michael Cooper, "luck counts too".

http://sonicscentral.com/blog/?p=1639#comment-361500


Have a great day,
Mr Baker

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your view on Petro was reasonable then and more validated and more widely accepted today. I've wavered on Petro but have supported him some in the past and expect to do so more again from here.