Search News and Information

Custom Search

January 09, 2005

Fwd: [homer] Re: Optimistic

Just so you don't think I'm a bandwagon fan I have some proof that I'm
just a homer.
38 to 45 wins, What was I thinking?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: supersonicsfan@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: September 20, 2004 9:33:29 AM PDT
> To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xxxxxx] Re: Optimistic
> Reply-To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Actually xxxxx, half of the rotation will have a career year. Every
> player that has a rookie contract will be making a next step or a 1st
> step. Are they significant contributors? That's a matter of opinion
> but some key guys is in this group.
>
> Collison will be. Better or worse isn't a measure here since he will
> have a shot at ROY. The position will be better. I expect him to have
> a career year compared to last year.
>
> Ridnour did show as the year went on that he was catching on to the
> flow of the NBA. I expect him to have a career year compared to last
> year.
>
> Swift will not see the floor much until the end of the season. There
> will not be a Booth or not to Booth question for Nate. It will be
> Potapenko, James, Fortson and Collison some. I expect that position to
> have a slightly better year compared to last year because there will
> be more consistent minutes. James had NO business starting or playing
> ahead of Potapenko (or Booth for that matter). The consistancy will be
> something new here but I expect Potapenko to adjust, he's also in a
> contract year. People here have mentioned James playing for his next
> contract but I think it would be more likely that Potapenko is the one
> to perform well with that motivation. Not a career year but better
> than last year.
>
> Murray is in his real second year, contract year, I expect him to have
> a career year compared to last year. He will not have superstar games
> like last year but a more consistant year.
>
> Radmanovic is in his contract year of his rookie contract. I expect
> him to have a career year compared to last year.
>
> Fortson will be encouraged to play the way the Sonics need somebody to
> play. He fills the void and the position is better because of it.
>
> Ray Allen is a guy that looks like he plays for respect, is healthier
> than last year, didn't play on Team USA and is likely training just
> incase he is playing in a contract year. I just don't have any doubt
> about this and I'm not sure why. Ray is in his prime. I don't expect
> him to be better but I expect him to play more games.
>
> Rashard Lewis, I'll say he has gotten to a plateau, though the
> addition of some real PF's should enhance his situation. It will look
> like a career year, but it will not be through his improvement as much
> as it will be the improvement of the position next to him.
>
> I would agree with xxxxx if this were an old team. Since I'm relying
> on some potential coming to fruition I'll just say that I'm slightly
> optimistic. 45 wins is possible high end, too bad that might not be
> enough for the playoffs.
>
> I'll call the range of wins 38 to 45 though I expect Nate, who is also
> in his contract year, to do everything possible to get into the
> playoffs and at the very least avoid a losing record.
>
> I'm guessing that these guys will be here next month.
> --
> supersonicsfan@xxxx
>

No comments: